Product Development Coordinator
- NZ owned and operated manufacturer
- Airport Oaks location
- Varied and interesting role
With an in-house lab and chemist, R & D is key to staying ahead of the game and pre-empting or responding quickly to market and customer needs to create new high quality products that solve problems across a number of company owned brands, including the widely known Kemsol range. As well as creating new products, we also regularly review our current range to ensure we take advantage of advances in things like new raw materials or new technology. As we continue to grow as a company the new role of Product Development Coordinator has been created to drive this process. This exciting opportunity would suit someone with chemistry or cleaning sector experience.
What does the role involve?
- Finding, investigating and making recommendations on new opportunities, whether that be new markets or channels, new brands or products or environmental initiatives
- Driving the new product development process in a structured way; being the conduit between key stakeholders internally and externally; ensuring we stay within timeline and budget
- Managing the launch of new or re-engineered products; liaising with the marketing team on compliant labeling, packaging and launch plans and supporting Brand Partner customers launch to their own customers
- A continual review of existing products; analyzing data and liaising with internal stakeholders to come up with recommendations which maximize sales and profitability
- Involvement in pricing; setting price points for new products, but also reviewing existing product pricing
This is a fast moving, high energy role that would suit a person with similar “product” experience in the chemical or cleaning industry. As well as the experience mentioned above, our ideal candidate would also have: –
- Exceptional time management, project management and organization skills
- Sound commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Good attention to detail and the ability to follow a process from conception to completion on time and within budget
- A “can do” attitude, the ability to positively influence others and a warm and engaging personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A consultative, collaborative and assertive personal style
- A passion for customer service, team work and achieving results
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (essential) and SAP (desirable)
In return the successful candidate will enjoy various benefits associated with being part of a professional, growing company with a great culture. To find out more about us, check out kemsol.co.nz and chemicalsolutions.co.nz. To apply, please email your CV to Tara Welsh at Dukes Advisory Ltd – firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”.