Bio-enzymatic cleaners are products that use bacteria to digest wastes, soils, and odours. The bacteria achieve this by producing enzymes specifically designed to break down certain molecules into smaller pieces. Live microbes produce enzymes, which break down organic waste particles into smaller pieces that microbes can easily consume. These smaller organic particles become food for the microbes and once digested are broken down into two basic compounds, carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O).
Here are 6 advantages of bio-enzymatic cleaners:
- Enzyme-producing microbes consume soiling and convert it into low and harmless levels of carbon dioxide and water.
- The microbes in bio-enzymatic cleaners are able to reach very small cracks and crevices on surfaces, which means they can eliminate soiling and malodours that traditional chemicals often cannot.
- The good, non-pathogenic microbes help to eliminate the bad, pathogenic, disease causing microbes that are harmful to humans.
- Compared to other chemical cleaning products, bio-enzymatic cleaners are safer for users and for the environment.
- Bio-enzymatic cleaners continue to do their job long after being applied to the surface. The microbes and enzymes keep on working until all soiling and malodours are fully removed, improving productivity, saving time and labour costs.
- Availability of bio-enzymatic cleaners means there is no need to use harsh cleaning chemicals anymore.
Bio-enzymatic cleaners can work well for many cleaning applications in your facility. However, the most important step before you start is to select the appropriate product for the type of soil you are cleaning. Chemical Solutions has a fully line of bio-enzymatic cleaners with our brand Bio-Fresh. Our Bio-Fresh product formulations are excellent for carpet cleaning, degreasing, drain maintenance, general surface cleaning, restroom cleaning and odour elimination.